Shine

You. Yes, you. I see you there. I see you trying to shrink into invisibility and remain unnoticed. You are different. I get it. You don’t quite fit in. People look at you funny and don’t understand your ways. You are tired of feeling so alone. You just wish that you could be like everyone else. I understand.

Stop. Read this carefully. You are somebody. Those things that make you different…those are gifts. Gifts that somehow, somewhere, someday you will use to make this world a better place. I see your gifts, and I think they are amazing.

Sure. I know. You’ve heard this before. Blah, blah, blah. That doesn’t change the way people look at you or shy away from you. You are lonely. You are hurting. I know.  But do me a favor. Please?

Allow yourself to let one of your gifts shine. Let it really shine. I encourage you. I support you. Go ahead. Open the door and let it out. Once you do, all other worries will begin to fall away.   People will be drawn to you.  You will know you are on the right track.  You will know that it is indeed a gift.  Be brave and believe.

You.  Yes, you.  I see your light, and it is amazing.  Let it shine.  You and your gifts have a purpose.  Your presence makes this world a better place.  Thank you.