Some days are difficult. Today was one of those days. To pull myself out of the negativity that surrounds me, I am going to reflect on the things that happened today for which I am grateful.
- Bella’s daily hugs-Everyday she blesses me with a hug as she enters my room and a hug as she exits my room.
- Engaged, happy students-Today my learners worked on using the Chrome Music Lab to create songs and add them to their blogs. They were completely immersed in the experience!
- A laugh with my neighbors-Believe it or not, the building next door to me is my dentist’s office, and he and his staff are the best neighbors. I had a routine appointment after school. We talked, laughed, and caught up.
- Giving good news-I was able to share with a teacher of record that her student is doing great. In fact, his jolly nature made lots of people feel joyful today!
- Chatting with friends-I was able to speak with two primary teachers today before school. They are friends, as well as prayer warriors, and I am grateful to chat briefly with both of them. I also chatted for a very brief moment after school with a dear long-time colleague and friend.
- Fresh air and sunshine-I was able to enjoy the sunshine on my face at recess.
- Jeans week-I am wearing jeans to work all week to help the fundraising efforts for Dollars for Scholars.
- Dinner-My husband cooked a delicious dinner on this busy evening. I am indeed blessed.
- Teach Write-Tuesday evenings with the most awesome writing group ever…priceless!
My positive experiences today definitely outweigh the negative. For that, I am grateful.